Subject: [Leica] Re: [rolleiusers] Wooden tripods
From: martin at jangowski.de (Martin Jangowski)
Date: Mon Oct 29 12:00:31 2007

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007, A. Lal wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> At the recent PhotoExpo East I was intrigued by the Berlebach wood tripods.
> Do any list members use them? If so, what do you think of them, and if it
> came down to choosing between  a medium sized Berlebach wood tripod or a
> carbon fiber competitor of similar quality, size and, hopefully, price,
> which one would you pick, or doesn't it matter? The tripod will be used
> with
> 35mm and 6 x 6 cameras - SLRs, mostly.
>
> Comments and suggestions are welcomed. Feel free to mention brand names.

I own and love a Berlebach Report 9033. This thing holds everything from a
Leica to a Mamiya RB (and even a Linhof Technika in a pinch). I use a
Manfrotto 410 geared head on it. The best feature in my opinion is the
builtin ball head, leveling the Manfrotto head is a joy. The only negative
side: I'd buy the 40xx tripod with single leg extension. The 90xx gets
a little shakey with a heavy camera and full extensions, but I use it
seldom fully extended (I have a Linhof monster tripod for this...)

Gr??e aus Hohenlohe,

        Martin Jangowski

| Martin Jangowski                         E-Mail: Martin@Jangowski.de|
|                        Netzwerke und Multimedia                     |
| Voice: +49 7946/3723                           Fax: +49 7946/940791 |
| Snail Mail: Von-Olnhausen Str. 4            74626 Bretzfeld Germany |