Subject: [Leica] Wooden tripods
From: leica at (Steve Beyer)
Date: Sun Oct 28 15:40:49 2007

I remember reading pound per pound that the carbon fiber is more
stable.... ie transfers less vibrations that the Alum version of the
Gitzo tripods.  It is important to add some mass to the tripod legs
to improve stability.  This is easily accomplished by adding some
weight to the center column.  A great use for the camera bag out in
the fiield.

On Oct 28, 2007, at 11:25 AM, A. Lal wrote:

> Actually, I was curious about the vibration and damping
> characteristics of wood tripods as compared to similarly sized
> Carbon Fiber or Aluminium models.

Replies: Reply from ricc at (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Wooden tripods)
Message from octabod at (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas) ([Leica] Wooden tripods)
Message from red735i at (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Wooden tripods)
Message from alal at (A. Lal) ([Leica] Wooden tripods)