Subject: [Leica] RE: SICK KIDS AND COMMENTS
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sun Oct 28 10:58:06 2007

On Oct 28, 2007, at 2:39 AM, charlie chan wrote:

> I do find Steve's and Ted's work very moving at times. As a cancer
> surgeon myself, I find my patients face their illnesses with great
> fortitude - it can be extremely humbling at times.

  that's it in a nutshell...

> Whilst I would love to picture some of my patients in the same way
> (with their permission of course), I would find it very difficult to
> do so here in the UK. Confidentiality issues are extermely onerous
> on this side of the Atlantic. I would love to know how Steve, in
> particular, gets around this issue and how he manages to persuade
> his hospital to let him shoot his kids in PICU.

the patients and their parents want me to take their photos...

they always sign a release...

and that has been reviewed and cleared by the  hospitals and their
legal staff...

Often the prints that I give to parents and  to patients is their most
cherished possession...

I often hear from them years later,

> Sadly most of my medical shots do not include any recognisable
> patient features. I could get myself struck off the Medical Register
> if I did.

why?

Steve