Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Cigar Box is Now Empty
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu Oct 25 20:24:42 2007

I have now reached the bottom of the cigar boxes and other containers of my
photographic works.  I now have digital files to fill four CDs, covering 49
years.  Some of the negatives have been misplaced over the years, so these
last uploads to my LUG gallery are from scanned album prints.

Thanks, to all of you, for your kind comments.

Two new uploads are beach scenes from Gulf Shores, AL, sometime in the 1980s.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cigar+Box/Beach+Walk+at+Sunset.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cigar+Box/Gulf+Shores+Moonscape.jpg.html

The last three images show the sad vision deterioration of our favorite cat,
who blessed us with 18 years of his independent attention.  Our vet, an
Auburn grad, said he had read of macular degeneration in cats, but had never
seen such a case.  He was intrigued by the case, but there was nothing he
could do to stop it.  I am posting these photos in case other cat owners
among us may note something similar.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cigar+Box/Young+Cat+with+Normal+Eyes.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cigar+Box/Macular+Degeneration+Begins.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cigar+Box/Almost+Total+Blindness.jpg.html

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] IMG: The Cigar Box is Now Empty)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: The Cigar Box is Now Empty)