Subject: [Leica] Developer for Neopan 1600/TMax 3200
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Oct 25 14:41:35 2007

My favorite film developer dilution combination is Neopan 1600 in Xtol 1:3
12 minutes 70 degrees

I agitate on the minute and use a water presoak for a few minutes.
So adjust accordingly to whatever you do.

Or assimilate the way I do those things.

It will appear sharper and finer grained than 400 films in D76 1:1

You get to get your cake and eat it two.

An expression which always leaves me wondering.

Mark Rabiner

As what would be the point of having cake if you couldn't eat it?

No too much to ask I should think.

Too chicken to use Xtol try D76 1:2 and throw in a tab or teaspoon of
ascorbic acid   in the mix.
I bet it comes out close to the same. Better maybe.

Replies: Reply from craig at craigschroeder.com (Craig Schroeder) ([Leica] Developer for Neopan 1600/TMax 3200)