Subject: [Leica] mac upgrade
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon Oct 22 16:37:08 2007

I upgraded from a G5 tower to a Mac Pro tower. My Mac Pro tower has hardware
RAID 5 and 7200RPM SATA2 disks. I notice a significant improvement in the
speed at which it does CS3 and disk-related things (probably twice as fast
in
a big Image Processor job) and there is a small but perceptible improvement
in other programs that I use a lot, such as InDesign and Emacs.

Replies: Reply from leowesson at gmail.com (leo wesson) ([Leica] mac upgrade)
Message from topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (Charlie Chan) ([Leica] mac upgrade)
Message from allen.graves at charter.net (Allen Graves) ([Leica] mac upgrade)