Subject: [Leica] 2.8cm v. 28mm metal finder
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon Oct 22 10:25:58 2007

Slobodan,

My CV 35 finder has plenty of clearance, can't say about the 28.  Here is
the Cameraquest statement about the finders, and nothing is said about
incompatibilities.

"Viewfinders: The super wides 12/5.6, 15/4.5, 21/4 and 25/4 lenses are sold
ONLY with the viewfinders.  Viewfinders for the 28, 35, 40, 50, 75, and 90
are sold separately.    For info on the viewfinders and accessories,  click
here.  Two 28mm viewfinders are made, one black and a new classic style
chrome 28 viewfinder introduced with the 28/3.5.   A new all metal 35mm
brightline finder was also introduced in March 2003 with the 35/1.2.
Likewise two different style 50mm viewfinders were produced, the standard
chrome or black 50 brightline, and the 101 Heliar set 50mm brightline
viewfinder.   Voigtlander also makes a 40mm brightline for Leica CL or
Minolta CLE owners who want to shoot their 40/2 on other M mount cameras.
At PMA 2004 Voigtlander introduced the very compact 28/35 combination
mini-finder.   The mini-finder is especially good for the Leica M3, the
screw mount Leica cameras, and the Voigtlander R3A and R3M.  There are also
special 12, 15, 21, and 25 viewfinders made just for the Epson RD-1."

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA