Subject: [Leica] Img: Modern Crossing
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Mon Oct 15 13:51:51 2007

Hi Philippe,

With the M8 just put an IR filter on the lens, an 89B or the Hoya
R72. These are the most common and least expensive.

I then set my ISO to around 640 and the lens aperture to f5.6 or f8
depending on the scene brightness.  The built in meter handles the
exposure perfectly. I also focus normally.

I then view the photo I just took in PS. The photo will look pink
because of the filter.

Desaturate the photo to get bw. I then do an auto levels to bring up
the brightness and contrast.

That's it. The results you get with the digicams will depend on how
sensitive the sensor is to IR. The M8 is extremely sensitive which is
why we need to use UV/IR filters for color. My Nikon D200 is not
sensitive at all. I just get a black frame.

Len