Subject: [Leica] Re: Fogging film during lens changes
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Tue Oct 9 07:22:41 2007

I did some examination on an M2.

1.  when I fire the shutter on 1/50 and above, the shutter goes farther past
the film gate than if I fire the shutter when it is set to 1 - 1/30 seconds.

This means that firing the shutter at the slow speed setting results in
"less overlap capping" of the shutter when it is in the closed position.

I bet this will lead to a higher chance for fogging.

I checked my M2 in the darkroom, and in either situation, with a flashlight,
I could not see a light leak.

So - does the chance of light leak depend on whether the shutter is fired or
not?
Does the chance of a light leak depend on what the shutter setting was at,
prior to firing?

...Vick