Subject: [Leica] OT W95 an orphan
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Mon Oct 8 10:45:14 2007

In a message dated 10/8/2007 3:57:43 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

Not your  backups, if you made them with W95.

Cite: (from Microsoft)

The  Windows NT and Windows 2000 versions of Ntbackup do not recognize or
support tapes using the QIC113  format.

---

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

You're right. W95 is out there by itself and isn't compatible  with later
W-os's. I never owned a W95 comp. My first PC was and still is a W98,  circa
1998. From what folks tell me, this comp will also accommodate an XP
upgrade.
Which I won't do.

On a new comp I'll be ordering in November I'll specify XP,  not Vista.

Bob

Replies: Reply from dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] OT W95 an orphan)