Subject: [Leica] m8 glass display back popped off!
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Thu Oct 4 19:26:47 2007

So- I had a Giotto protector on the back of my M8's display.
Back from repair, the giotto glass somehow got chipped.

To remove it you use a hair dryer to warm the glass to loosen the adhesive.
Unfortunately it popped off WITH the M8's original LCD glass cover!
So it turns out you can replace the original glass back - it is separate
from the LCD display..

The two pieces of glass easily separated, but HOW do I re-afix the original
glass to the back?
It sits easily onto a rubber inset rim, but won't stay in place.

Any ideas regarding what kind of adhesive to use?

thanks,
Eric