Subject: [Leica] On the Race Committee Boat
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Tue Oct 2 18:21:05 2007

Our race committee boat has an alternate life as a work boat and tug
so there's no spit and polish, but we do pride ourselves on running
races professionally.

We often use drop marks to set the course.  Here the weather mark
comes up after the race.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/SAILING/IMGP7180.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/2tcudb

Stuffing signal flags back into their folder.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/SAILING/IMGP7168.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/37lv3w

The Committee on the run home.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/SAILING/IMGP7249.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/2qf8sz

Consulting the rule book.  The we had seen a really nasty foul
between a couple of boats at the start and were looking for the rule
that allows the Committee to protest the miscreants.  We found it.
Both boats were DSQ.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/SAILING/IMGP7171.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/2r5w6p

Motoring home into the sun.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/SAILING/IMGP7177.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/3cmtgf

All K10D, 10-20mm Sigma zoom at 10mm or close to it, ISO 400, f6 or
so at about 1/1500th.

BTW, I'm about out of the summer's sailing shots.  My next posting
will probably be the last of them until next year.  Then it's back to
land-based photography unless I get some good stuff next weekend.

Comments always welcome.

Regards,

Dick

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] On the Race Committee Boat)