Subject: [Leica] Re:Oh god, I'm thinking of trying a Tri-Elmar 28/35/50 now addiction
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Oct 1 11:05:42 2007

I have a V1 TE as well. It is the perfect travel lens, when coupled with
something faster for use when you really need it.  A nice 35/2 V3 or 35/1.4
V3 (?) is a fine companion.   By all means, get the hood.  Think of it as
bump protection.  The V2 is more difficult to find, and more expensive,
right now, but that may change because of non-availability of the V2.

Yes, prices have gone nuts.  ( Blame the M8 or think up your own reason.)
The 3E, 50'Nocti, the 21 Elmarits ( any version, and especially the ASPH)
have become just plain hard to find and prices have roughly doubled in a
year.  The 35/1.4 ASPH is also rising fast in value.  The 28's all have
become hard to find.  These are all not terribly rare lenses, not terribly
new lenses ( except the 3E and the 35/1.4 ASPH), nor are they terribly
"different" lenses. But demand just clicked in.....

OTOH, the long Fl are cheaper.... the 135/4 has always been cheap, the 90
F2.8 or F4 have taken a bath ( the F2 was never that pricey).  You pick your
FL as you need them, or as you can find them at a reasonable price.  ( Now
if only I took my own advice and got that 28/2 Summicron when they were
cheaper than $2k used............).

Another reason to buy Leica glass, and NEVER sell it.  If you want it again
( as I did with a 21 ASPH which has become a 21 CV) you will pay dearly.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Oh god, I'm thinking of trying a Tri-Elmar 28/35/50 now addiction)
Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] Re:Oh god, I'm thinking of trying a Tri-Elmar 28/35/50 now addiction)