Subject: [Leica] The Oklahoma State Fair, By Me
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Thu Sep 27 11:02:24 2007

George Lottermoser wrote:

> A very enjoyable set of images. The dusk images work exceptionally
> well. Many of the photographs give me a "stand-offish" feeling;
> almost a fear of getting close.
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser
> george@imagist.com
>

> On Sep 23, 2007, at 11:36 AM, Robert D. Baron wrote:
>

>> H. Ball Arche makes this kind of photography look easy.  It is not.
>>
>> http://www.bobbaron.com/StateFair2007/index.html

Thanks for the kind words.  However, I am  curious about what you mean
in the last sentence.

If you mean you would feel afraid of getting too physically close to the
people in some of the photographs, I would say that feeling is not
misplaced.

That's one reason the other OKCLUG member - Ken Carney - and I went
together...so we could watch each other's back.  Even though it is a lot
cleaner than it used to be - and there are a lot more police officers
around - nighttime at the fair can still be an unfortunately
disconcerting experience.

If I showed that in the photographs, I accomplished part of what I set
out to do.

--Bob

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] The Oklahoma State Fair, By Me)