Subject: [Leica] IMG: joyeuse
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Sep 26 15:33:55 2007

I am having a very complex reaction to this image, Philippe, and I'm
not certain exactly why.

I suspect that what's happening for me is this: at the initial moment
of inspection I'm expecting a people shot - that the image is about a
person. But then what I ultimately am captured by is the detail of her
streaming hair as she swings, the rest of her slipping into softer
focus. Add to that the whipping of some strands of hair (good
depiction of motion!) and I get something that is less that why I
wanted when the image was first presented.

Is this a bad thing? I don't know. It's a very human photo, filled
with the energy of childhood, the kinetic energy just fills the frame.

But something essential (for me) is hidden in a way that detracts from
the image. If it were MORE hidden, her face turned just a tad away, I
might actually like it better.

Still -- I am probably just a curmudgeon. It's a fine motion, but not
a great one from this viewer's perspective.

More trustworthy voices are sure to give you better feedback.

Adam