Subject: [Leica] Boot Hill for Big Guys
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Sep 24 10:55:23 2007

On the low chance this might prove a more interesting story than obvious.....

Is there a possibility this is the  ceremonial burial place for Jumbo, the
famous circus elephant or Barnum and Bailey fame?

Note..... The original stuffed carcass of Jumbo was donated to Tufts
University where is stood in the biology building for many years.  I think
Barnum also donated some money to the buildings construction.  My brother
was on duty one night in the Bio building as a form of security guard.  He
had a lot of work to do that night, so he took off early.  The  building
burnt down that night.  the cause was never established.  He still has the
key from the building.

the only part of Jumbo that still exists is the tail.  It had fallen off,
and was preserved ( and still preserved) in the archives.

Frank.... Tufts Graduate.

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Boot Hill for Big Guys)