Subject: [Leica] The Oklahoma State Fair, By Me
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Sun Sep 23 09:37:01 2007

You've seen Ken Carney's photos.  Here are some of mine.

But first, these observations:

This is a Flash gallery made with Adobe Lightroom.  I hope that doesn't
turn too many people off.  If you want to linger over an image just use
the Pause icon.

All shots with M8 and either 28mm Summicron or CV 15mm, at ISO's from
320 to 1250.

Ken's photos are better than mine.  He is also a better editor.

It has been about 20 or 25 years since I've been to the State Fair,
which is an annual event here in Oklahoma City.  In a little over 2 1/2
hours Ken and I covered maybe 25% of the Fair.  We walked the Midway
(food, rides and games) and looked at some cows.  We passed by the sale
buildings (everything from cars to tools, jewelry, clothing, home
appliances and portable buildings) as well as the home grown preserves,
the chickens, the sheep and the swine.  Well, okay, maybe we did see
some of the latter.

It doesn't look as dirty as I remember it, and the early evening crowd
was a little thin because it was a Thursday night.

But as the song goes, "Our State Fair Is A Great State Fair"....

H. Ball Arche makes this kind of photography look easy.  It is not.

http://www.bobbaron.com/StateFair2007/index.html

--Bob

Replies: Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] The Oklahoma State Fair, By Me)
Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] The Oklahoma State Fair, By Me)