Subject: [Leica] My Adventure with an M8
From: glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer)
Date: Sun Sep 16 16:11:34 2007

LUGers

I finally got a s Saturday off and hied myself to the local Leica dealer
with my bag of M lenses
and my daughters SD card.  They allowed me to take a few shots with each
lens-- 21 to 135.

My impressions?  Very easy to use without manual..  Just like a film
camera.  No chumping.

There were 3 M8 owners in the store including the  manager.  They ALL
use Lightroom'
Even the Nikon Digital owner in the store only uses Lightroom

When I got home, I gave the Card to my daughter who slipped it into her
laptop and sent it
back to me.  Though I have a port on my computer for SD cards.  Shots
look very good,
with no manipulation possible.

I may pick up a M8 if I can minimise my computer time.  I assume that
whatever digicam
I use, the computer time will be the same.

Oh, and on prints, they all endorsed the same Epsom whose number I forgot.

BTW, the store had three near mint SM Leicas;  IIIa mit Summar,  IIIc
mit Summitar und
IIIf BD mit Summarit.  All mit eveready cases. Separate SM lenses were
90 Elmar und 135
Hektor or Elmar. They even have a 65mm Elmar in focusing mount for
Visoflex III.(chrome)

The store is Nelsons in La Jolla

Jerry Lehrer
La Jolla  CA