Subject: [Leica] Pushing Tri-X learning curve - my first attempt
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Sep 16 00:16:48 2007

Alex wrote:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/alexz/events/
> <mailto:borger@pmrresearch.nl>

I like looking at shots like this, thanks.

I know there are many alternatives and some have been mentioned. The
most promising are Neopan 1600 and Xtol.

But I was going to mention something else ... and that is, just shoot
the film the way it was made to be shot (underexposing will never give
anything other than contrasty results in these kinds of circumstances).
But ... learn to hold the camera steady and set the lens wide-open.

You have to plan your shots more, but the end result will look better.

I shot this one by waiting for the singer to lean forward and took the
shot just before he leaned back again (he was rocking back and forth),
but I didn't do anything other than rate the film as always, at EI 400,
1/25 @ 1.8

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/dlridings/Louice-jam-sessions/05v32_0019.jpg.html

This next one was taken at a bar, light by candlelight, at 1/10 @ 2.0

http://www.dlridings.se/paw/2005/46.html

It's timing. Watch your shot and take the one you want.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from alex at zabrovsky.com (Alex) ([Leica] Pushing Tri-X learning curve - my first attempt)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Pushing Tri-X learning curve - my first attempt)