Subject: [Leica] What's in your bag?
From: lists at gilplant.com (J. Gilbert Plantinga)
Date: Sat Sep 15 19:04:59 2007

Today:

Domke F1X  (black ballistic)
Ebony SV45TE
Schneider Super-Symar 5.6/110 XL
Schneider APO-Symar 5.6/150 XL
Schneider center filter for 110mm (rarely used)
Heliopan 58mm linear polarizer
Schneider 6x asph. loupe
Sekonic L-608 meter
Spare CR123 Battery
6 Fidelity 4x5 film holders loaded with Portra NC (half 160, half 400)
Polaroid 545 Pro back and a few sheets of Polapan 72
Leica long cable release
Lee wide-angle compendium shade and adapter rings
Clearsight lens brush, cleaning fluid, micro-fiber cloth
Schneider micro-fiber cloth
Focusing hood
Ebony all-weather focusing cloth with bracket
Small Kodak gray card (used as lens shade with Ebony bracket)
Mini canned air
Gitzo tripod wrench
Small Phillips screwdriver
Big Swiss Army knife (Phillips, pliers (!), no corkscrew)
Measuring tape (for extension factors)
Wet-erase marker
Small ruled Moleskine
Cheap Pelikan ballpoint
Back-up meter: Leica M7 with 35 Summilux ASPH, film :)

Not actually in bag: Gitzo 1325 w/ short rapid column and 2270M head
on OpTech strap.

In car:
1 Alien Bees 800 watt/sec. strobe
45" Photoflex convertible umbrella
10' White Lightning stand
Sync & power cords
Lead-acid battery/inverter

I'm not a big guy but I'm amazed that I can actually carry all this
stuff (sans lighting gear) for moderate distances

If I'm doing reportage I carry a Domke F6B with:
2 Leica M7s (0.72 & 0.85) w/ or w/o Motor Drives
21 Elmarit ASPH w/finder
28 Summicron w/finder
35 Summilux ASPH
50 Summilux ASPH
90 Elmarit (or Summicron APO ASPH)
SF 20 and Contax cable (sometimes Metz 54 MZ 3 Am I the only one who
used the HSS?)
Various filters and copious amounts of Tri-X
If I bring the 90 AA I usually bring a 24 Elmarit ASPH in lieu of the
21 & 28)

I haven't used my Hasselblad since I got the 4x5.

Commercial jobs are mostly R8/DMR with 21-35, 28/90, 60 Macro, Metz
or Alien Bees

My go-everywhere camera used to be the M7 with motor and 28
Summicron; now it's my iPhone...

Gilbert
http://www.upstatelight.com

Message from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] What's in your bag?)