Subject: [Leica] Some digital infrared photos
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Sat Sep 15 14:39:24 2007

Since my Konica Infrared film is down to just a few rolls, and since I
can't afford, and don't really want an M8, (am waiting for the D10) I've
been thinking about trying some infrared photography with the isDS.

So I bought a 49mm Hoya R72 filter on ebay which arrived yesterday
afternoon.  We've had on and off rain until the sun poked out around 4
PM EDT so I just took these quickie photos less than an hour ago:
<http://www.hemenway.com/Pentax-isDS-1st-attempt-IR/>
   or: http://tinyurl.com/2pbs9j

The filter is so dark a red that it appears to be black, but by looking
through the viewfinder for about a minute, one finally gets enough
visibility to compose a shot... that's if there's enough sunshine.

The image is dark red as it is uploaded from the camera, and since the
camera only does its IR bit in the red channel, one only has to to a
simple gray scale convert in Photoshop, and then a few adjustments.

Jim

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Some digital infrared photos)