Subject: [Leica] Summilux 50mm 1.4 ASPH
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Sep 13 18:40:46 2007

Steve,
I will reaffirm much of what all the others have said.  The ASPH 50 does
have a slight notch in the focus as you transition from about 2 meters to
close focus limit.  It hasn't bothered me a bit.  Optically, the lens is
about as good as it gets.  The Noct is slightly better at flare and the APO
280 is sharper but that is some pretty fierce competition.  If you like the
slightly long effect a 50 has on an M8 you can not go wrong with this lens.
Trust me, only Jeffery on this list has more fifties and that is because I
didn't care for the K/M 1.2 lens.

It is a lens beyond reproach.