Subject: [Leica] Summilux 50mm 1.4 ASPH
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Sep 13 14:39:25 2007

Steve, I have this lens too. If think that the issue talked about was that
some examples were reported to have overly stiff focus
ring operation. I have never personally read any of these objections. As
there is a floating element in the design, the mechanism is
more complex. I got mine new, a current production 6 bit version. The focus
action on mine is noticeably but not objectionably
firmer than my 28, for example. I do not find it a problem.
The lenses performance is superb, in my opinion. As an additional quality
for you, they are one of the two lenses that Leica reports
has zero focus shift on the M8.
I recommend it without reservation. You will have looked at many examples
from mine.

Cheers
Hoppy