Subject: [Leica] Dark Side of the Moon
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Sep 12 20:46:18 2007

> Mark, all of those Euro camera companies are incestuous. This probably
> belongs
> on the Rollei list but I fear that it is moribund.
>
> Information by Paul Burrows of Camera Australia magazine.
>
> "Hy6 is a Rolleiflex. It's built by the company which inherited the marque
> after what was once known as Rollei was split into two
> completely separate entities. Inside the Hy6 is essentially the innards of
> the
> 6008AF, but the new camera has been designed from the
> ground up to integrate more seamlessly with digital capture backs. The
> major
> difference is that the Hy6 doesn't incorporate a film
> transport motor so its more conventionally box form than the 6008AF. The
> Hy is
> short for hybrid because the camera will accept a
> 6x6cm film magazine (just as soon as soon as Franke & Heideke get around to
> making one). Development of the Hy6 was largely funded

I wondered about film.
Its not like its made by a digital sensor and scanner company.

But which is it?
"essentially the innards of the 6008AF, but the new camera has been designed
from the ground up"

If its designed from the ground up it cant be based on another camera can
it?

That would make it one of those totally original copies wouldn't it?

A clone all by its lonesome!

If you can put Brownie film in it which it looks like it can it's ok with
me.

Brownie Flim.

Mark William Rabiner
rabinergroup.com