Subject: [Leica] M8 Kaput Sad update
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Tue Sep 11 18:14:39 2007

Hello Luggers,
I feel like Joe Btfsplk - the character in the L'il Abner comic strip
who was followed around by a rain cloud!! My M8 has been lost by DHL
somewhere between Wilmington Ohio and Dillenburg Germany. Talking
with the polite operators who read what the computer says about the
whereabouts of my camera proves beyond doubt that garbage in equals
garbage out. Of course, Purolator Canada limits insurance to a
maximum of C$1,000 so if the camera is gone (and the last trace is
from August 30th) I am out about C$3,600. I have initiated a search
by both Canada Post and DHL which promises to report tomorrow. Of
course, the camera - serial number 3104564 - is worthless unless
repaired and there is only one place where it can be repaired and
that is Solms. If someone with sticky fingers is silly enough to send
it for repair I may still get it back. The prospect of having to buy
another one is not very exciting.
Yours sadly,
Howard (not back in Vancouver)

Replies: Reply from eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi) ([Leica] M8 Kaput Sad update)