Subject: [Leica] 6 weeks with an M8 in Iran
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Sep 10 23:42:41 2007

My favourite quotes from an interview with Steven K Lee (Leica CEO) in the
May/June LFI
One for you R guys and some for M folk.

(Mr Lee discussing the current model range with reference to their business
model)
"Take the Leica R system: the R crowd are the most die-hard Leica fans of
all. I have a Leicaflex SL, R4, R4s, R4s2, R5, two R7s and
six lenses. I'm a die-hard Leicaflex guy and a serious fan of the Leica R.
<snip> There's more R experience to be had. The R is a
manual focus camera, so we've got to do something about that The R of today
is a big camera with an add-on digital back. We've got
to do something about that too!"

Mr Lee
"If you're thinking of M lenses, yes, we'll always be making M lenses of
many interesting varieties, because we're basically built
for making M lenses <snip> The Leica M is the heart and soul of the
business" <snip>
LFI "If you're talking about more cameras, are you talking about more Ms,
different Ms or something completely different?"
Mr Lee
I'm talking about more Ms, more of other products and something completely
different too!"

I'm going all misty eyed now at the thought of all of this new hardware
materialising.

Cheers
Hoppy
LLUG Leica publicist and president of speculation.