Subject: [Leica] Best/Most Reliable 2 Gig Card?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Sep 4 19:47:11 2007

Greg,
The industry reports failure rates over 10% on new cards.  This covers all
brands.  Personally, I use three Lexar 2GB 133's and have no problems with
them.  They are rotated through the camera and formatted in camera after
download and burning to a DVD.

I think that if you buy a "name" card in a moderate speed that you use on
trash images, download, and format with no problems you can save a bunch of
money as the moderate speed cards can be half the price of the bleeding edge
speedsters.  I buy the fastest cards as they frequently have rebates so the
price isn't bad.  Currently in my neck of the woods 2 GB SD Lexar 133's are
$54.95 with a $20 rebate for a net of 34.95.  I have seen at Costco 2GB
cards for less than $20 so YMMV.

Remember, the camera may not need a fast card but if you download with a
card reader the faster card downloads faster as well.  Less time waiting may
be a good or bad thing depending on your coffee pot.