Subject: [Leica] M8 cleaning mystery ("But English *is* their native language")
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat Sep 1 10:42:03 2007

My M8 sensor needs to be cleaned. I bought a cleaning kit from Visible Dust.
It includes a gizmo that spins the cleaning brush with a battery operated
motor. Sensor Brush SD.

Below I have transcribed the entire list of instructions. I am completely
utterly baffled by Instruction #4, and I wonder if any of you has any idea
what I should do.
----------------------------
Sensor Brush SD Instructions:

1. Requires 2 "AAA" batteries. Use high quality batteries for best
performance. Remove the batteries before traveling on an airplane.

2. Do not use on camera chamber or parts other than the sensor, otherwise
you will smear the sensor.

3. Keep both the device and brush in stable vertical position as much as
possible.

4. DO NOT use the brush on the sensor while attached to the device.

5. You can pull off adapter and change for use with anotgher brush size
adapter when necessary.

6. If brush wobbles while spinning, change to a new battery or re-insert the
brush more securely into the adaptor.

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] M8 cleaning mystery ("But English *is* their native language"))
Reply from eric.calderwood at btinternet.com (Eric Calderwood) ([Leica] M8 cleaning mystery ("But English *is* their native language"))
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] M8 cleaning mystery ("But English *is* their native language"))