Subject: [Leica] DMR vs M8, reliability, usability?
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Aug 31 08:17:15 2007

Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> How was the DMR compared to the M8 for reliability?
>
> I recall the DMR as being quite well received, for all that it was, having
> to compete with the Canon and Nikons.
>
> Anyone still using it?

I can't compare it to the M8 but I'm certainly using it.  Firmware version
1.3 isn't perfect (AWB issues) and early R8 bodies had to go back to Leica
for updates to make them DMR-compatible.  The only real problems I'm having
with it are when I'm using a slow SD card and I get too impatient with the
review/playback buttons & such, and firmware 1.3 has re-formatted my SD
cards so that my Hyperdrive HD-80 no longer reads them.  I still wish the
R8 had an SL viewfinder and the sucker's big & heavy, but image quality is
great when I do my part.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com