Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 problems
From: ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Thu Aug 30 21:27:26 2007

Actually, I used to shoot with my M6/0.85 and Noct most of the time
before getting my M8.  Now, it's with 35mm Summilux  and I'm
absolutely astonished with the quality of the images from the lens.
While I occasionally miss the boke of Noct, and the moire in textiles
like a pair of jeans can be annoying (Lightroom deals with Moire far
better than Capture One LE) I am more confident shooting with the M8
at ISO 640 and 35mm Summilux at 1.4 than I ever was with the M6 with
Ilford XP2 and Noctilux at 1.0.  The M8/Summilux combo is a lot more
compact and lighter to boot, and certainly less intimidating, too.

I still have my M3 and M6 but they haven't been touched since the M8
arrived 6 months ago.  I have since sold my 75mm Summilux, and now
seldom use my 28mm Elmarit, whose place was taken by the excellent
Cosina/Zeiss 21mm.  When an "improved" M8 becomes available, I will
certainly be getting it, and that will be the end of my silver halide
period.

It took an introduction of M8 for me to go fully digital, but there
is now no going back.

Ken

Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Re: M8 problems)