Subject: [Leica] M8 problems
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed Aug 29 20:24:07 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 6:28 PM, Lawrence Zeitlin wrote:

> Citing the inadequacies of mechanical Leicas does not make the M8
> more reliable. It just points out that in recent times the troubled
> Leica company had neither the funds or resources to adequately test
> its cameras before releasing them to the market. The assertion that
> the M8 has the best image quality of any $4750 camera is totally
> unsupported by pictures posted on the LUG. Aside form the fact that
> it is difficult to judge the nuances of image quality from a
> computer screen, the photos don't appear to be superior to those
> taken with film cameras using the same or equivalent glass. Tell
> the truth Ted, Tina, and Sonny. Are your pictures any better now
> than they were when you used old fashioned film?
>
> This is not meant to restart a film vs. digital conflict. However
> M8 apologists provide one of the most blatant displays of cognitive
> dissonance since the publication of the Surgeon General's report on
> the dangers of smoking. If you spend nearly $5000 on a camera
> simply to use your Leica lenses, you better convince yourself that
> it is the best thing since sliced bread. Otherwise you might think
> yourself foolish for replacing a film camera that you already own
> that gave excellent results.

hi Larry,

replacing ?  replacing ?  well, I still have all my M3's, M5, M6,
M7's...I just don't use them.

but...... what do I always use with my M lenses ...

I use my M8.

I was in a large Phoenix photo store today... I could have bought
another M8 for $4000...

or an M7 or MP for $3750....

you want a new camera Larry... send me the money and I will pick one
up for you...

any one, you name it... I suggest you put your money where your mouth
is...

or better yet, buy one of my own beautiful, previous M cameras from me,

at a really great deal...

Steve