Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 35, Issue 342
From: cif at halcyon.com (Larry Bullis)
Date: Mon Aug 20 08:50:39 2007

Yes, that's him.  Presumably, the photograph was taken by Fred Moller,
his mechanic.  Fred was on his last flight prior to retirement when he
died in the crash.  Les, my father, would have turned 30 the week
following the incident.

I've always loved the image.  I have a few others including one showing
a fire built under the engine to keep it from freezing and a dog team
hauling a barrel of fuel.  There is another with a whole community
gathered around the plane.