Subject: [Leica] Viso III, Black 65 image examples
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Fri Aug 17 09:22:31 2007

I'm one of those folks who like the viso and take it out with me when I
think I'll be in some good macro situations.  Here are some examples of the
Black 65 on a viso II (which is my perference) on my MP hand held in
available light from infinity to as close as it will go without additional
extension.  One handy feature of the black version is you can open the
aperture all the way to focus and then close it down to whatever stop you
were using without taking your face from the finder.  The lens has above
average contrast which is a bitch for some B&W but once you get the hang of
exposure and development the added resolution is a great asset.  The images
below are triX processed in straight D23 which by definition is low
actuance.  Having enlarged at least one of these images (the giant leaf) to
16x20 I was impressed by the definition which remained despite being hand
held in low light at full magnification.

http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/street_pages_2007/bs045.htm
http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/street_pages_2007/bs046.htm
http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/street_pages_2007/bs047.htm
http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/street_pages_2007/bs048.htm