Subject: [Leica] hard working single mother of 4, image
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Wed Aug 15 13:13:55 2007

> >http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Lee/mother+of+4.jpg.html
>
>Griz?  I sure hope you were inside a car!
>

>Doug Herr
>Birdman of Sacramento
>http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Doug,
         You would have gotten much better photos if you had been
there.  You would have photographed through the window as did I.  I
was amazed at the fools who got out of their cars and stood 40 to 50
feet from this bear and her cubs.  A grizzly could have covered that
distance in 2 to 3 seconds.     The speed of a running grizzly is
truly amazing. The mother seemed really interested in grubbing for
larva or roots or something and did not charge.   She does have the
hair on her shoulder raised and her ears are back.  The cubs looked
at all the people most of the time.  I have not heard of a mother
with 4 cubs.
Thanks for the comments, if you are ever in the Yellowstone, please
let me know.
Lee