Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 29, 30, 31
From: dlr at (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Aug 15 01:32:12 2007

It's been vacation time and I don't even feel bad about it :-)

I started my vacation by volunteering as a school host for Gothia Cup.
This year we had 31 teams and 492 sleeping over every night (I was
responsible for fire-safety, so I knew how many were in the building
each night and where they were in case we had to get them all out).

Some of the newer clubs (I won't mention which Baltic country) are less
than honest about the ages of their players. We suspected one of signing
up 18 year-olds, but then playing with 20 and 21 year olds. Age controls
are rarely done at the actual matches. The team in question didn't live
at our school, but the team that was disadvantaged is an old
acquaintance, Gr?n Weiss Rehfelde.

After that, Ewa and I were tired of being organized and planning, so we
got into the car and headed for southern Denmark. We had only arranged
accommodations for the first night:

In a pleasant town called Ribe (Denmark's arguably oldest town):

But from then on, it was a bit messy. We found a bed and breakfast over
an internet cafe in Flensburg (last door to the right):

That was right off the main street in the city, so walking distance to
everything (35 Euro a night for 2, not 35 Euro each, but for both,
breakfast cost 4 Euro per person).

The harbour:

Then we went on to L?beck, because the B&B didn't have a room available
the next day either.

The whole experience can be summed up by hotel breakfasts, the PAW for
week 30:

During my vacation the summer was cold, rainy and lousy:

PAW 31:

Thanks for your patience,

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: PAW 29, 30, 31)
Reply from Jim at (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] IMG: PAW 29, 30, 31)
Reply from luisripoll at (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: PAW 29, 30, 31)
Reply from philippe.orlent at (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] IMG: PAW 29, 30, 31)
Reply from ricc at (Ric Carter) ([Leica] IMG: PAW 29, 30, 31)