Subject: [Leica] Re: Hummingbird
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue Aug 14 20:37:33 2007

Larry Z wrote:
I am in awe of your hummingbird picture. I marvel at both your sense
of composition and the quickness of your trigger finger.
=======================================

I'm in awe too.  There's a guy here in Albuquerque named Dan True that does
spectacular work with hummers using a MF Mamiya and electronic flash.  He
has a book out titled "Hummingbirds of North America."  But his shots are
done with four flash units, two tripods and a feeder.  They're not in the
wild, which is what makes Doug's shot so impressive.  There's nothing wrong
with Dan's work -- it's truly amazing -- but there's something about seeing
the little critters in the wild that adds to the excitement.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE