Subject: [Leica] Re: Crime in Mumbai vs. Boston
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat Aug 11 08:08:10 2007

On Aug 11, 2007, at 12:41 AM, Jayanand wrote:

> On cursory googling:
>
> http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=518113
>
> http://www.tiss.edu/CCS.pdf (220 page report on crime in Mumbai)
>
> Cheers
> Jayanand

Too bad our young Harvard pacifist didn't consider "dowery death" as
a form of murder. During my tenure in Delhi I read of unexplained
kitchen explosions almost every day. Curiously only the young wife
whose parents didn't fork over an addition to the dowery was killed.
In India guns don't kill people. Propane tanks do.

Not every Harvardian believes that draconic gun laws are the way to
stop murder. George Bush and Mitt Romney both went to Harvard.

Perhaps we should convince Bostonians to take up photography as a
hobby. It is a Native American belief that photographing a person
snatches away a bit of their soul. Take enough pictures of someone
and you hasten their death. Murder by Leica. That's the ticket.

Larry Z