Subject: [Leica] Summarit press release
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Aug 9 00:31:06 2007

> Mark my 50 asph which I got new (a 6 bit baby) was a little stiffer to turn
> than the focus on my 28 asph. I do like the focus tabs
> on both. I operated the focus from min to max a couple of hundred times
> while
> reading my LUG mail and it seems awfully smooth and
> very usable. A few hundred more times in support of exposing film. Marty
> over
> here has commented that he can feel the extra focus
> helix complexity. I haven't noticed. It is a little firmer only. There is
> absolutely zero detectable play which makes for great
> precision. Maybe my thumb and index finger have buffed up.
> Or you're spending too much time with girly AF lenses that get refocused
> by a
> stiff breeze.
>
> Cheers
> Hoppy

When I heard these people complaining about hard to turn lens which cost an
arm and a leg and was Leicas new exciting thing I thought they were being
big lazy babies. But no. Leica had to figure that one out they had lots of
guys and gals returning those for whatever lube job it took to get it right.
A good kick.

I admire Leica for sticking its neck out and getting into new and complex
and untried of ways to do things. And I don't expect everything to be
perfect even if it costs a lot of money.
It is what it is that's all.
I think Popeye said that to the effect.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY