Subject: [Leica] Summarit press release
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Aug 7 21:47:59 2007

> I can't disagree with a single think Frank said. I have the macro 90
> and the 90AA. The macro 90 is my most used lens. It's wonderful and I
> think a must for any Leica shooter that takes a lot of flower shots.
> My 90AA is one of my least used.
>
> I have the 75lux as well. A brute of a lens with wonderful
> performance, but not one I carry on field trips. I'm waiting for the
> new 75 Summarit. This one should be a winner.
>
> I don't understand the 50mm. Its price and performance appear to be
> too close to the current Summicron. The lens formula appears to be
> similar as well. I'm seriously thinking about getting a new Elmar
> before they get discontinued.
>
> I have no feeling about the 35mm. I'm thrilled with my cron asph.
>
> I heard rumors about the new 28 asph as well. I heard production was
> stopped due to technical production issues. It would be a shame to
> discontinue that lens. It's a jewel which I think is now worth much
> more then the original price.
>
> Len

The specs of the current Summicron puts the lens under the gun because
apparently it falls behind any and all third party competition.
Like the older 50 Summilux it was an old formula I guess.

I've not used mine for years I don't know if I'm partly embarrassed to use
it or just like my 40 Summicron C instead.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Summarit press release)