Subject: [Leica] M8 Review
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Aug 6 21:33:48 2007

> Mark,
>
> You're too young to remember Ilford's 72 Exp. thin based film (144
> exp half frame?!?).  The film was twice as long, so no one had tanks
> and reels for it, and you'd need a two-story house to hang it to
> dry.   Then there were the Agfa 24+3 rolls -- did they have a 36+4?
> I don't recall.  Like buying a 20 oz. bottle of shampoo that's
> labeled as 16+4 free oz.
>
> Tom

I'm 56 and just coming out of my prime starting out when that stuff came out
and had two of the special reels and everything and remember how on the
Rollei system 35mm cube camera it had 72 exposures in the counter.
And how that rolled up like a dead skin of a snake and you could never get
it flat no matter what.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com