Subject: [Leica] B&W filters with digital
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun Aug 5 07:38:40 2007

I think Doug has the right of it, although I think someone with some
time and a wide selection of filters and a more methodical and
sophisticated mind than mine might do a very interesting study to
verify this.

Clearly it's true that getting the right exposure onto the sensor is
the most important thing IF you have the time etc. Getting close is
often good enough but being right on clearly is a Good Thing. How lens
filters affect this is worth doing some science and maybe someone like
Sean Reid could think about how to investigate it and then plug
through the exercise and reveal the results.

There are clearly many issues at play, not the least of which is
sensor sensitivity to various colors.

Adam