Subject: [Leica] B&W filters with digital
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sat Aug 4 12:45:59 2007

Op 4-aug-07, om 21:19 heeft Afterswift@aol.com het volgende geschreven:

> In a message dated 8/4/2007 10:16:01 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> lug-request@leica-users.org writes:
>
> My  question is - are people still using filters for colour
> balance?  Or
> simply doing colour correction in  photoshop?
>
> Thanks
> Gareth

> I have a general rule: Use PS only for cropping.

Come on. You can't be serious. Pay 650 USD for a cropping tool?
Use it for everything it was made for. If used right, no erszatz
about it.
Exactly the same effects can be obtained in PS as can be with filters.
With the advantage that you, after you made the shot, can decide
which filter would have been the right option.
Not many people around that can each time perfectly previsualise the
effect of a filter on a black and white image.

Philippe