Subject: [Leica] Long Xtol rant -- digerati may wish to delete
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed Jul 25 22:30:50 2007

>I'd like to know if anyone has had hands-on experience
>with 1:3 Xtol and common films such as Tri-X.

What I didn't mention is that Xtol improves almost every B&W film ever made.

Xtol 1+3 doesn't have enough developer to adequately handle (in my
experience) Kodak T-max 100 (TMY), Fuji Acros, Kodak T-Max P3200 (TMZ) or
ilford Delta 3200.  Those work best with 1+1.  Your own findings may vary.

If you do mix your own Xtol up, try making the patent version, buffered to
8.2, but so that when you use it at 1+1 the sulfite is about 5-10g/L.  With
the films mentioned above it's almost miraculous.

Almost all the photos on my page here:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/main.php?g2_itemId=7617 are Fuji Neopan 400
or 1600 in Xtol 1+3.  Try it - it just works.

Marty

--
We've Got Your Name at http://www.mail.com!