Subject: [Leica] Birthday party
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed Jul 25 20:44:43 2007

Larry Z. wrote:
Now I've been using mostly plastic digital cameras for the past few
years and I've gotten accustomed to their light weight, auto focus
and auto exposure. My first observation at handling the M3 was "This
camera is HEAVY.
====================

Funny, Larry.  I just had the identical experience.  I wanted to try some BW
film and got out my 1966 M3 and stuck an 85mm Steinheil on it.  My first
reaction was the same as yours.  I didn't remember the M3 as being so heavy
and even a little clunky feeling.  Like you, I've been using smaller
digitals and p/s film cameras, along with a IIIc and a CL.  The last time I
used the M3 it had the Jupiter 8 on it, which only weighs 4.4 oz
-- ridiculously light for an f/2 50.  That makes a noticeable difference
IMO.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE