Subject: [Leica] shedding light on the darkroom: a non-musing, simplified approach
From: pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (pmcc)
Date: Tue Jul 24 13:41:24 2007

I could happily go on indefinitely fooling around with
the following variables and their combinations and
permutations:

Rodinal, D-76, Xtol.

Tri-X, Plus-X, APX 100, APX 400, Fuji ACROS, Neopan
400, Neopan 1600, with occasional random adventures
with their counterparts from eastern/cental Europe and
China, just to give myself an occasion to get out
more.

That's more than enough variety for me.  Start adding
vitamin supplements, archaic cookbooks and boyscout
chemistry-set experiments and my personal zone system
starts to zone out. I don't make my own yoghurt or
tofu either.

Who has a particular favorite combination?  If you
want to get byzantine (hey, you know who you are),
feel free to add other universal variables, such as
dilution/time/agitation (but maybe not the
eccentricities of your local water supply, funny hats
or other non-replicable mojo).

Peter.
SF, CA