Subject: [Leica] OT - digital camcorders
From: summicron at comcast.net (summicron@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jul 23 09:12:01 2007

Howdy all,

With my first child on the way, I find myself in the market for a digital
camcorder.  I have never owned a camcorder of any kind so I really don't
have a clue what to look for.  I can figure that out mostly.  My question is
about formats.  There seem to be a variety of formats miniDV, mini-dvd,
DVD-RAM, etc.  I have no idea which is better.

Here is what I want:  small, i want to be able to make DVDs with my computer
using video captured with this camera and I want it to look decent.  Oh
yeah, I don't want it to cost an arm and leg as I'm about to have two more
arms and two more legs to take care of.  ;-)

Thanks in advance,

Frank Farmer
Jackson, Miss.

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] OT - digital camcorders)