Subject: [Leica] A day out with my daughter
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Jul 22 02:27:54 2007

Nathan

Nice pictures. The piles of industrial Gouda cheese rolls look very
photogenic but everything else than appetizingly... I remember having eaten
very old and very good local Gouda when I was in Holland the last time, but
that one didn't look so slick and shiny like these industrial ones. Normal
Gouda (as well as Edamer) has the taste of rubber for me. Ok for little kids
before they get their first real piece of cheese, like salty Gruy?re, Sbrinz
or Roquefort

When I lived in Germany, I remember almost all pizzas were made with
Leerdammer, andother horrible rubber flavour, instead of Mozzarella. Once in
a genuine italian pizzeria in Hamburg, I asked the pizzaiolo politely in
german if I could have my pizza with Mozzarella instead. The guy answered in
italian with a large smile, probably thinking that only a compatriot could
have such an elaborated taste!

Bon appetit!
:-)
Didier