Subject: [Leica] IMG: Abstract in the AM week 11
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jul 19 12:08:38 2007

Hoppy,
Well, it was the M8 and the 90 Elamrit shot at about 160 ISO....Oh, you
meant the neighborhood.  Maybe  2KM from my house was an old district that
had been mixed use shops, galleries, residential.  It's name is Buckhead for
a bar that had a buck's head nailed over the door back around when
Terminus(Atlanta) was founded.  A corrupt mayor now serving time for tax
evasion decided maybe 12 years ago that locating a bunch of bars in the area
made a lot of sense.  After many shootings, murders, and general mayhem some
local billionaires decided to stop the nonsense by closing the bars.  If you
are very affluent you can buy out the buildings and not renew the leases.
Don't cry, a developer is spending possibly more than 2 billion to build
seven high rises and other mixed building sizes to completely change the
complexion of the area. Think a modern Upper West Side in Manhattan or a
higher rise Country Club Plaza if you are familiar with Kansas City.

During the transition property values dropped so a private school moved in.
Their thinking was that other than a few homeless men all the mayhem
happened between midnight and 4:00AM and classes didn't start until 8:00AM.