Subject: [Leica] Armed America book arrived
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jul 16 15:00:05 2007

Hi Kyle,

Now that's a very interesting book to say the least when we see it cover to
cover and back again more than a few times. A one time look just doesn't cut
it in the least, as there's so much photography, scenes, lighting, posing
and "My God look at what he did here!" Kind of reaction stuff.

Quite frankly if this book doesn't open a number of doors with a pile of
assignments I'll be quite surprised.

This isn't a 5 minute quick look, move on book!. It's neither pro nor agin
guns. But it is about PEOPLE, their homes and thoughts! Actually the guns
almost become secondary to what's being said.  Reading the quotations from
the owners is some of he best parts of the book. Not saying they're better
than the photography and incredible selection of locations. But together
it's an amazing anthropological look at what makes some people tick.

As I've said before I've had my share of guns in military training
situations and for real battle places in my direction, however  with only
cameras to respond. Yes and when I was a kid on the farm hunting gophers and
rabbits it was considered fun. But having guns around the house in the
numbers we see in the book is absolutely beyond my wildest imagination.
However to each his own as the world turns.

If one is interested in photography and against guns, never mind. Get the
book for your own photographic learning and enjoyment of appreciating the
work of a very talented photographer. And he's one of the family!

Well done Kyle ! If it's for public.. "What kind of sold or ordered numbers
are you at by now?"

Good on you lad a shoot well done. :-)

ted