Subject: [Leica] Summicrons 90 - opinions?
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Sun Jul 15 14:42:03 2007

Hi Didier,

I have experience with 4 90 lenses, the first I had waas the Summicron 90 R,
for me a really lovely lens I've enjoyed very much for portraits as well for
macro, very sharp and just a little soft wide open, easily corrected with a
slight under exposure.

When I've started with M I've purchased my first 90 mm, an old Elmarit 90,
it was a good lens, except on strong light conditions or wide open, it has a
certain tendence to haze, but nice for soft portraits, this is not an
expensive lens. After I've purchased the small Tele-Elmarit 2,8, it is not
expensive and quite good.

I was always regretting my 90-R and finally I've purchased the 90AA, I was
reluctant because many people tall me that it was "too" sharp, this is not
my opinion, is a great lens, not too big and very comfortable on your hands.

I'm sorry I don't have examples with the Elmarit 90, and with the 90-R not
on the web (I'll send you off list). To compare the the TE and the 90AA, you
can see:

These ones with the TE
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/PERPIGNAN-2005/050901_13.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/PERPIGNAN-2005/050901_16.jpg.html

These ones with 90AA
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/061107-06.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/061107-11w.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/061105-35w.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/061104-05w.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/0611-02.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/0611-03w.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Flowers/0611-01w.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Flowers/061104-37cr2_w.jpg.html

The actual Elmarit is a excellent lens too.

I hope this helps,

Saludos cordiales
Luis